Now that was a discussion Thank You caribouchat13
I had such a wonderful morning with a great group of people and I wanted to share a LOT more than 140 characters. I was invited to attend #caribouchat13 this morning thru a twitvite from Sarah Kay Hoffman. She wanted to meet me IRL, so she made a point to make sure I got the invite (love these invites). I don’t know how the other 12 went, but I had an absolute blast sharing, connecting, and meeting this group of people this morning.
I would like to thank @gialyons @asquibb @warehousemedia @socialnicole @bobstanke @sarahkayhoffman @JasonSandquist @joelecarlson and special guest appearance via Skype from the UK @mngurl1183 for putting the rest of my day on cloud nine and energizing me to tackle just about anything!
The social dynamic was awesome! We did a little roundtable introducing ourselves, so people got to know who each one of us are aside from our twitter handles. I have a greater appreciation for people’s perspective based on the live version of themselves versus the bio and link! Then since we all have some way or another shared experiences, emotions, information, connection we started talking…..no real format, no real structure, no real rules. It equaled total awesomeness (I don’t know if that is even a word, who cares that is how I feel).
- Justin Ware shared about his venture into freelancing work doing some cool things with media and video
- Anna Squibb shared the awesome things she has going on at www.caringbridge.com (they are hiring!!!!)
- Gia Lyons shared the awesome stories what she has going on at Jive Software www.jivesoftware.com (personally big fan especially for #scrm space)
- Jason Sandquist shared about people looking for him via google and some search are quite funny!
- Bob Stanke shared even though the commute not the best (same for Jason) would not trade because company works for www.lifetimefitness.com
- Joel Carlson gave us some background about twitterviews and what his is in the market looking to do.
- Nicole Harrison shared about consulting about social media to non-profits and challenges of teenagers and social media (you do have a permanent record)
- Sarah Hoffman shared about some upcoming potential jobs and working on some studies about GenZ (kids that are 1 or 2 now or not even born what is tech and social going to affect how they see the world. FASCINATING!)
All of these introductions spurred some many different conversations about kids, family, work, RV’ing (Go figure), clients, who is using what, where and who is hiring, who I can connect you with. All things in a group discussion that makes me happy. The best part I felt there was going to be real action taken based on this conversation, that is the best part. I know I am scheduling some lunches and connecting on some initiatives!
There was such honesty and genuineness to our conversations it was like we had known each other for years. That is one of the social dynamics I see flowing from online to offline is the genuine connectedness in our communication. We share, we care, we understand, we listen, we communicate with no barriers. The tail of the relationship is I feel much longer these days. It is not just the every three to six month lunch, well it is that, but so much happens relationship wise in between there to stay connected based on being socially connected online as well. I wish every meeting, every project, every problem could be solved and acted upon like this group came together this morning.
The other thing I saw in our communication was the willingness to help connect people to jobs, so those doubters that say social media can’t find me a job, it is maybe true to a point, but it sure can help you find the people that can find you a job. Four of the individuals were looking for a more permanent job solutions and right away without hesitation people started sharing their connections, it was about as fast as you can fire off 140 characters! That was one of the best displays of human connectedness I had seen in a long time! Give yourself a pat on the back for sharing and trying to help someone else out today (you know who you are!)
So I just wanted to say thank you to all the folks above for truly making this a wonderful day! Thank you Sarah and Bob for having 12 of these and inviting me to the 13th. I look forward to more and more of these #caribouchat meetings! I also look forward to scheduling some one on one coffees or lunches with you also. Clear your August I am taking a day!
Thank you also to Katie Little @mngurl1183 that skyp’d in from the UK to join the discussion. That was AWESOME! Distance be damned! I was able to use my new #evo with mifi and my laptop for a full livestream thru skype. Thanks Sprint, HTC, Sony Vaio, and Skype for making that possible!
ps We also ran into Sarah Smith @SarahResults! So nice to have these encounters happen also!
pss. This is my very 1st post on this website, been under construction for a while. I just might become more than a microblogger and comment leaver! We will see. I do believe this will be more me and www.pullingtin.com will become more outdoors adventures…who knows, I want to keep it loose but with purpose to share, connect, discuss, or help! Tell me what you think drop a comment.